For the past few weeks, I have been worried sick about my passport and birth cert. I sent the 2 important documents to UK border agency but instead of sending it to Nationality Centre, i sent it to department for british citizenship... same place but different postcode. I called tp line bz.. i emailed but they can't divulge that information online... Allah saja yang tahu my sleepless nights thinking mcm mana, bila nak dpt balik, sampai ke docs tu..
And alhamdulillah, 1 month after my postage date, I came home to find a letter from the border agency with my certificate of entitlement to right of abode. I was so happy and bersyukur beyond words. RoA basically means I can enter UK without visa or immigration control, do not need permission to leave and may work and live here without restrictions plus have some privilage of that of British citizens.
And from the letter I got, with RoA when returning to UK you can also enter as 'British/EU passport'.. I find that to be cool as the lines for Brit passport is usually shorter than that of foreign passport..
On another note, my foetus is now 32 weeks this Sunday.. MasyaAllah.. kejap je rasa.. as I nervously await the birth of my baby, I would like to thank Allah for making this journey of that I can sabar and face upon. I've grown stronger and more mature from this experience.. Yes, God knows what we are capable of and to tell you the truth, I never thought I am capable of this. Everybody kept saying "I don't know how you do it" and "I could never do what you're doing".. 'you're pregnant and doing PhD with a child here and hubby in M'sia'.. :) baik my frens or frens of my BIL and family.
Yes i do struggle, especially now i'm entering my 3rd trimester, my cramps esp my legs are getting more frequent.. malam2 i cannot sleep and i wake in the middle of the nite leg cramp and urut sorang2.. I walk a lot.. from this house to the train station, and from Richmond i change to tube station and from there I walk to campus.. it's a 1 1/2 hour journey to go to campus and when i get home I am soooo exhausted. And Yes, I do feel emotional and hormonal and all those things that pregnant women experience..
I'm only human...
But I face it.. and i dont normally show it, my difficulty, my emotions.. i've never regreted doing this or being here.. I know this is the best for me.. prior to this with istikharah and solat hajat and a lot of muhasabah diri, i deal with it as it comes..
i love it when Ross said to Rachel "of course you're unreasonable but you're allowed to be.. cos you're carrying a child".. granted it's TV but I guess itu sebab juga utk ibu mengandung Allah bagi bnyk kelebihan like doa makbul, leniency utk puasa, bnyk pahala, salah satu mati syahid and so on because clearly, this is a difficult and emotional journey.
... but I would not change it for the world..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Congrats for getting the RoA and your docs back.
Yes kak, our entire family is sooo very proud of you. The last 5 months must have been very trying for you and Aqil and alhamdulillah you have sailed thru with flying colours.
Our thoughts and doa are with you always
mama
sakinah,
saya tahu awak boleh. inilah pengalawam yg takkan dapat dibeli walau dengan wang berjuta. awal sangat kuat and i'm proud of you!! kadang2 dengan airmata, mengubah hati kita jadi lebih keras dan kuat.
salam kak sakinah,
alhamdulillah dah 32 minggu.. terrer la akak..
saya harap akak semakin tabah.. ingt lagi tak kita pernah share experience dulu? ingt masa sy ngandung kat cucms macam2 dugaan.. alhamdulillah dapat hadapi.. saya rasa akak lagi kuat dari saya kan? insyaAllah..
anak saya lelali namanya Ahmad rasyad.. saya rancang nak gi UK bulan december ni.. akak balik malaysia ke utk pantang? kalau tak balik akak nak kirem barang apa2 ker? saya ada workshop di sana dan suami saya plak amik exam.. insyaAllah kalau tader aral melintang sampaila sana..
workshop saya di Congress Centre London WC1B 3LS.. 0.9miles to Tabernacle street.. saya pun tak reti sgt.. suami saya yg selalu gi UK ni.. saya tgh survey hotels yg murah2 kat situ.. time winter selalunya hotel full tak kak?
btwn.. please keep in touch ek.. kalau nak kirem barang apa2 beritahula k..
mama: thanks for the support
wahidah: tak tahu kenapa, tp susah sgt nk nangis skrg, hati dah keras kot.. hehehe..
firdaus: ingat psl cerita2 dulu2.. akak pun taklah kuat mana, kdg2 nak give up jugak.. tp fikir life goes on, i keep on walking jelah..
firdaus pg conference cucms sponsor ke? kalau ada sini nnt blh la dtg rumah, tp address bila dah pindah nnt bgtau.. time winter my guess is mahal sikit sbb dkt christmas so kalau nk book accomodation kena cr awal2.. apa2 pun keep in touch ye
Post a Comment